Spurs rout BucksJan 20, 2014 - 4:50 AM Milwaukee Bucks, 110-82, on Sunday.
Tim Duncan added 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Spurs, who have won seven of their last eight games. Marco Belinelli netted 14 points and Kawhi Leonard chipped in with 11 points and five boards in the triumph.
The Spurs shot 56.6 percent from the field, sunk 11-of-18 from beyond the arc and outrebounded the Bucks, 55-37. They limited Milwaukee to a 37.5 percent (33-of-88) clip from the field.
"It's the way they play," said Bucks guard Gary Neal, who spent the first three years of his career in San Antonio. "They move the ball. They make the right play, and they hit the open shot."
Brandon Knight netted 21 points for Milwaukee, which has dropped nine in a row. John Henson registered 10 points and 11 rebounds in defeat.
After Miroslav Raduljica made a runner to stake Milwaukee a 16-14 edge, the Spurs ripped off the last 15 points of the opening frame. Aron Baynes and Mills had five points apiece during the surge, which was capped when Manu Ginobili split a pair of free throws for a 29-16 lead.
"You want to do your job as early as you can," said Ginobili. "Today was one of those games you had to win pretty comfortably. Everybody got to play, and everybody played well."
San Antonio led 53-38 at the break and took an 84-60 cushion into the fourth, where the Spurs led by as many as 28 before cruising to the easy win.
The Spurs held a 46-32 points in the paint and 21-11 fastbreak points edge ... Cory Joseph had 12 points, while Nando De Colo and Jeff Ayres added 13 apiece for San Antonio.
Jan 19 9:09 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 82
SAN ANTONIO: 110
End of Regulation
Jan 19 9:08 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 60
SAN ANTONIO: 84
End of 3rd
Jan 19 8:39 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 38
SAN ANTONIO: 53
Jan 19 8:02 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 16
SAN ANTONIO: 29
End of 1st
Jan 19 7:35 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:33
Jan 19 7:11 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12