Nets beat MagicJan 22, 2014 - 5:37 AM Brooklyn, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Andray Blatche scored 18 points off the bench to lead the Brooklyn Nets to a 101-90 win over the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night.
Mirza Teletovic scored 14 in a reserve role, while Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson scored 13 points apiece in Brooklyn's sixth straight win at Barclays Center.
Kyle O'Quinn paced the Magic with 15 points off the bench and E'Twaun Moore tallied 13 points as a reserve in Orlando's 11th loss in its last 12 games. Arron Afflalo added 11 points, while Glen Davis and Victor Oladipo each scored 10 points in defeat.
"We got stagnant in the third," said Magic coach Jacque Vaughan. "They're long and athletic and they made it tough for us."
Brooklyn opened the second half on a 10-2 run with Johnson opening and Alan Anderson closing the spurt with 3-pointer to stake the Nets a 56-44 lead.
The lead swelled to as many as 21 when Blatche hit a pair of free throws in the opening minute of the fourth quarter. Brooklyn cruised to the easy victory from there.
"The first group did a good job to help us get out to a good start," said the Nets' Deron Williams. "That third quarter that first group came out again and set the tone."
The two teams played a tightly-contested first half. Brooklyn led 27-21 after one quarter, but an Oladipo jumper tied the game at 42-42 late in the second. Johnson scored four straight to close the half and give the Nets a slim 46-42 lead at the break.
Jameer Nelson finished with nine points and 10 assists in defeat ... Orlando outrebounded Brooklyn 37-36 ... Brooklyn scored 18 points off of 14 Orlando turnovers ... The Nets shot 40-for-81 (49.4 percent) from the field.
Jan 21 9:47 PM
- ORLANDO: 56
End of 3rd
Jan 21 9:17 PM
- ORLANDO: 42
Jan 21 8:36 PM
- ORLANDO: 21
End of 1st
Jan 21 8:09 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Jan 21 7:44 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29