Chandler, Nuggets down PacersJan 26, 2014 - 6:08 AM
"We ran a couple plays for me and I just delivered the shots. Once I got hot I took a couple more shots," Chandler said.
Timofey Mozgov and Nate Robinson added 15 points apiece off the bench for Denver, which snapped its three-game losing streak.
Lance Stephenson tallied 23 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists for the Pacers, who had won six of their last seven tilts coming in.
"We fouled too much and we turnved the ball over too much," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said.
The Pacers trailed 55-36 at the break, but scored the first 11 points of the third. Stephenson drove in for a pair of layups before Roy Hibbert capped the run with a three-point play to whittle the deficit to 55-47.
David West's jumper pulled Indiana to 59-54, but the visitors never got any closer.
Back-to-back buckets by J.J. Hickson finished off a 7-0 spurt a few minutes later to extend the Denver margin to 83-69. Denver took an 86-76 cushion into the fourth.
A pair of C.J. Watson free throws clawed the Pacers within 92-86 early in the fourth, but five straight from the Nuggets once again gave them a double-digit advantage and they coasted to the victory from there.
Denver led 22-18 after a quarter of play and Nate Robinson's triple concluded an 11-0 flurry to start the second and give the hosts a 33-18 advantage.
The Nuggets shot 48.2 percent (40-of-83) from the floor, while Indiana finished 42.5 percent (37-of-87) from the field ... Hickson had 14 points and 13 rebounds.
Jan 25 11:35 PM
- INDIANA: 76
End of 3rd
Jan 25 10:57 PM
- INDIANA: 36
Jan 25 10:08 PM
- INDIANA: 18
End of 1st
Jan 25 9:36 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Jan 25 9:14 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2