Green lifts Suns over 76ersJan 28, 2014 - 3:51 AM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Gerald Green netted a season-high 30 points as the Phoenix Suns defeated the Philadelphia 76ers, 124-113, on Monday night.
Green was 10-of-12 from the floor and nailed 4-of-5 from beyond the arc for the Suns, who have won four of their last five games. Goran Dragic had 24 points and seven assists, while Miles Plumlee added 14 points and 13 rebounds in the triumph.
"I just kind of let the game come to me and took what the defense gave me," Green said.
Michael Carter-Williams had 22 points and 11 assists for Philadelphia, which has dropped three straight and six of its last seven tilts.
"We didn't come out the way we intended," Sixers head coach Brett Brown said. "We've got to find a better way to get that done."
The Suns raced out to a 21-9 start after hitting 10 of their first 11 shots from the floor. Dragic nailed all four of his shots and netted nine quick points during the surge.
Dragic and Green each scored 12 in the opening frame as Phoenix took a 40-26 cushion into the second.
The Suns shot 77.3 percent (17-of-22) in the first 12 minutes.
A pair of Evan Turner free throws capped an 8-2 spurt, which clawed the Sixers within 50-45, but the Suns put in the next eight points to extend the margin back to double figures, 58-45, and they were never seriously challenged again.
Phoenix led 62-54 at the break and took a 95-82 advantage into the fourth, where the Sixers got within eight, 104-96, midway through the stanza following a 7-0 push, but they never got any closer.
The Suns scored 33 points off 21 Philadelphia turnovers ... Phoenix shot 53.8 percent (43-of-80) from the floor ... Turner and Thaddeus Young each scored 21 points for the Sixers.
Jan 27 9:30 PM
- PHOENIX: 95
End of 3rd
Jan 27 9:00 PM
- PHOENIX: 62
3rd Quarter - 12:00
Jan 27 8:23 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14