Love, Timberwolves down BullsJan 28, 2014 - 5:59 AM
Love went a perfect 14-for-14 from the free throw line, setting a new career high for free throws made without a miss.
Ronny Turiaf and Chase Budinger added 14 and 12 points, respectively, off the bench for the Timberwolves, winners in four of their last five games.
"What we can take from this is knowing we can win on the road," Love said.
The Wolves are 10-14 on the road this season.
Minnesota center Nikola Pekovic played just six minutes after inuring his Achilles in the first quarter.
Carlos Boozer had 20 points, 14 rebounds and five assists and D.J. Augustin added 19 points and six helpers for the Bulls, losers in two of their last three.
"It was a tough game. They came out, pushed the ball and scored on us. They we're getting easy baskets and it kind of killed us," Augustin said.
Chicago center Joakim Noah did not play because of an illness. He is day-to- day.
Corey Brewer gave the Wolves their largest lead of the game, 77-65, with his 3-pointer at the 9:29 mark of the fourth quarter. Minnesota's lead never dipped below eight until a deep Augustin triple with 1:29 remaining cut it to 84-79.
Love, though, blew by Boozer for a layup and Brewer slammed one home off a Rubio outlet pass for a nine-point lead.
Mike Dunleavy pulled the Bulls within two possessions with a 3-pointer at the other end, but the Wolves were 7-for-8 from the free throw line down the stretch, including four straight from Love.
Minnesota led 23-20 after 12 minutes and carried a 54-46 lead into the break. The Bulls pulled within five several times in the third period, but the Wolves led 72-65 entering the final frame.
Brewer had 11 points ... The Wolves were 22-for-26 from the line ... Minnesota outscored the Bulls 46-36 in the paint ... Chicago's Jimmy Butler had 16 points, while teammate Taj Gibson scored 10 points and pulled down 10 boards ... The Bulls were 32-for-85 from the field.
Jan 27 10:24 PM
- MINNESOTA: 95
End of Regulation
Jan 27 10:23 PM
- MINNESOTA: 72
End of 3rd
Jan 27 9:47 PM
- MINNESOTA: 54
Jan 27 9:03 PM
- MINNESOTA: 23
End of 1st
Jan 27 8:31 PM
- MINNESOTA: 10
1st Quarter - 7:09
Jan 27 8:18 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Apr 26
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- Minnesota Timberwolves hire Tom Thibodeau as coach and president, Scott Layden as GM Apr 20
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20