Pacers lead all the way in win over MagicFeb 4, 2014 - 5:08 AM
Paul George and Lance Stephenson both scored 15 points, with the Stephenson adding 12 rebounds and five assists in Indiana's fourth consecutive win over Orlando.
"We definitely have a gear to push that lead when we want to," said Granger. "It's just a matter of fact of not relying on that when we get into these games. We have to execute offensively, our defense is always going to be there, it's just our offense that sometimes comes and goes."
Arron Afflalo scored 18 of his 20 points in the first half to pace the Magic, who have lost 12 straight road games. Nikola Vucevic had 16 points and 13 rebounds in the setback.
George was fouled shooting a 3 with 0.6 seconds remaining in the first quarter and made all three free throws to give Indiana a 29-22 lead.
Granger hit a pair of free throws and followed with a 3-pointer with 9 1/2 minutes left in the second to push Indiana's lead to 39-28.
The edge stretched to as many as 16 a few times in the quarter, but Orlando outscored Indiana 9-2 over the final 3:33 to trail 59-50 at the break. Afflalo buried a transition 3 with 0.1 seconds left to close the first half.
Orlando opened the third quarter on an 8-1 run to cut the deficit to 60-58.
Stephenson followed with a three-point play before George hit a trey for an eight-point cushion.
Indiana bridged the third and fourth quarters with an 18-1 run with C.J. Watson capping the spurt with a jumper at 7:45 of the final frame.
Vucevic's putback layup midway through the fourth ended a field goal drought of 10:37 for Orlando and the Magic trailed 88-68. The Indiana lead swelled to as many as 24 after that.
"Danny Granger and Lance Stephenson were guys that made it hard out there for us," said Orlando's Glen Davis. "Those guys made a big difference tonight."
Watson finished with 12 points off the bench, while Luis Scola added 10 points as a reserve in the win ... Indiana's bench outscored Orlando's 49-19 ... The Pacers outrebounded Orlando 52-38 ... Orlando shot 7-of-16 (43.8 percent) from beyond the arc.
Feb 3 9:11 PM
- ORLANDO: 63
End of 3rd
Feb 3 8:42 PM
- ORLANDO: 50
Feb 3 8:00 PM
- ORLANDO: 22
End of 1st
Feb 3 7:33 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Feb 3 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5