Kings rout Bulls to snap skidFeb 4, 2014 - 7:30 AM Sacramento Kings routed the Chicago Bulls 99-70 on Monday night.
Isaiah Thomas netted 19 points and Rudy Gay added 14 points and six rebounds for the Kings, who snapped their seven-game losing streak.
"The key was rebounding and making them make tough shots," Gay said.
Jimmy Butler had 17 points to lead Chicago, which shot just 28.2 percent (22- of-78) from the floor and were outrebounded 53-30.
"You got to learn from it, you have to make your corrections," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said.
The Bulls have dropped two straight.
Joakim Noah was ejected in the third quarter when he picked up two technical fouls in less than three minutes. He yelled obscenities at the referees while being escorted off the court.
After Tony Snell's runner pulled Chicago within 12-9 late in the first, the Kings closed the frame on a 12-3 run. Quincy Acy's 3-pointer at the buzzer staked the Kings to a 24-12 cushion after one period.
Taj Gibson scored eight points during an 18-4 Chicago run, which was capped on a pair of Joakim Noah free throws to tie the game at 30-30.
Sacramento, though, closed the half on a 14-3 burst and it never looked back. Thomas' driving layup at the horn gave the Kings a 44-33 halftime lead.
They took a 71-57 cushion into the fourth, where the hosts led by as many as 30 before cruising to the easy win.
Sacramento shot 52.2 percent (36-of-69) from the field ... The Kings turned the ball over 23 times ... The Bulls were 4-of-20 from beyond the arc.
Feb 4 12:37 AM
- CHICAGO: 57
End of 3rd
Feb 4 12:02 AM
- CHICAGO: 33
Feb 3 11:12 PM
- CHICAGO: 12
End of 1st
Feb 3 10:36 PM
- CHICAGO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:49
Feb 3 10:13 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14