Lawson leads Nuggets past BucksFeb 6, 2014 - 7:32 AM Denver Nuggets defeated the Milwaukee Bucks, 110-100, on Wednesday night.
Wilson Chandler netted 24 points, J.J. Hickson added 19 points and 10 rebounds, and Randy Foye tallied 20 points and six helpers for Denver, which has won four of its last six games.
"It would have been a sad day had we lost this one, especially when Milwaukee was down and on the road," Lawson said.
Larry Sanders had 25 points and 15 rebounds and Khris Middleton scored 25 points for the Bucks, who have dropped six of their last seven tilts.
"They have a nice backcourt and they did a nice job on their pick and rolls," Bucks head coach Larry Drew said of Denver.
Sanders netted the first four points of a 9-2 Bucks flurry, which was capped on Giannis Antetokounmpo's jumper to get them within 99-96 with 2:13 remaining.
Back-to-back Chandler buckets, though, extended the margin back to 103-96 with 1:28 to play and Milwaukee never got within less than five the rest of the way.
The Nuggets led 30-24 after a quarter of play, but the Bucks outscored them 28-21 in the second to head into the break with a 52-51 edge.
Denver built a double-digit margin midway through the third following a 9-2 sprint, which Kenneth Faried finished off with a three-point play for a 72-62 lead.
The hosts took an 84-72 advantage into the fourth.
Faried had 10 points and nine rebounds ... Denver shot 46.4 percent (39-of-84) from the field ... Milwaukee scored 22 points off 21 Nuggets turnovers ... Brandon Knight had 16 points and eight assists for the Bucks.
Feb 5 11:32 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 72
End of 3rd
Feb 5 10:49 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 52
Feb 5 10:07 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 24
End of 1st
Feb 5 9:36 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Feb 5 9:11 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13
- Milwaukee Bucks sign 30-year lease with arena owner Apr 13