Mavs rout CelticsFeb 10, 2014 - 3:02 AM
Shawn Marion tallied 11 points and 10 rebounds while Samuel Dalembert grabbed 11 boards for Dallas, which has won five in a row.
"We're working at being a more together team, which we've been the last few games," Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle said.
Rajon Rondo recorded 15 points, 12 assists and eight rebounds, Jared Sullinger chipped in 11 points and 12 rebounds and Jeff Green netted 18 points for the Celtics, who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
"The third quarter and the start of the fourth killed us and took us out of the game," Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said.
Dallas led 17-16 after a quarter of play and 44-38 at the break before extending its lead further following a big run to start the second half.
Calderon hit a pair of triples during a 16-5 surge, which was capped on a Dalembert layup for a 60-43 advantage midway through the third quarter.
The Mavericks took a 72-56 advantage into the fourth, where they led by as many as 24 before cruising to the easy win.
The Mavericks shot 45.1 percent (37-of-82) from the floor, 43.5 percent (10- of-23) from beyond the arc and 90 percent (18-of-20) from the foul line ... Boston shot 35.9 percent (33-of-92) from the field.
Feb 9 8:15 PM
- DALLAS: 72
End of 3rd
Feb 9 7:46 PM
- DALLAS: 44
Feb 9 7:07 PM
- DALLAS: 17
End of 1st
Feb 9 6:36 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Feb 9 6:13 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28