Magic top Pacers for third straight winFeb 10, 2014 - 4:26 AM
Nikola Vucevic recorded a 19-point, 13-rebound double-double and Tobias Harris added 13 points for Orlando, which has won five in a row at home and three straight overall.
"We got an edge to us," Oladipo said when asked of Orlando's recent success. "We just have to go out there and feed off each other and most of all we play together, especially on the defensive end."
Paul George led all scorers with 27 points for Indiana, which had a four-game winning streak snapped both overall and against Orlando. Lance Stephenson had 16 points and nine rebounds, while David West tallied 14 points and George Hill added 12 in the setback.
Indiana led by as many as 17 before Orlando surged back with a huge fourth quarter rally.
George had a chance to win it for the Pacers following a turnover by Vucevic on an inbounds pass with 6.9 seconds left, but his elbow jumper was all air with Vucevic and Glen Davis defending.
With Orlando trailing 74-64 heading into the fourth quarter, Oladipo opened the frame with a three-point play that sparked a 22-5 surge. Harris capped it with a three-point play of his own to give the Magic an 86-79 lead with 6:24 remaining.
George's 3 with 37.7 seconds left trimmed the Indiana deficit to 92-90, then Oladipo split a pair at the line to push the edge to three.
West tipped a jump ball back toward his basket when Hill scooped up the loose ball and raced in for a layup to cut it to one with 16.9 seconds left to set up George's game-winning attempt.
The Pacers ended the first quarter on a 9-0 spurt to take a 31-28 lead and they stretched the margin to 52-43 at the break.
Indiana led 71-54 before Orlando ended the third quarter on a 10-3 run to pull within 10 heading into the fourth.
"There was a stretch there in the third where we could have put them away. We were a little bit careless with some possessions where we could have put them away, and it was costly," said Pacers coach Frank Vogel.
Orlando outrebounded Indiana 48-41 ... The Pacers had 15 turnovers and Orlando had 13 ... Indiana shot 11-of-24 (45.8 percent) from 3-point range ... The Magic haven't won five straight at home since an eight-game run during the 2010-11 season.
Feb 9 8:27 PM
- INDIANA: 74
End of 3rd
Feb 9 7:48 PM
- INDIANA: 52
Feb 9 7:03 PM
- INDIANA: 31
End of 1st
Feb 9 6:32 PM
- INDIANA: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Feb 9 6:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5