Warriors pummel hapless SixersFeb 11, 2014 - 6:52 AM Philadelphia 76ers, 123-80, on Monday night.
Stephen Curry added 23 points, eight assists and five rebounds, while David Lee tallied 13 points and 13 boards for Golden State, which had dropped two of its last three games coming in.
"I thought he was fabolous," Golden State head coach Mark Jackson said of Speights. "He's been working extremely hard. He waited for his opportunity and took full advantage of it."
Michael Carter-Williams netted 24 points to lead the Sixers, who became the second team in NBA history to lose back-to-back games by 40-plus points.
"If a team's more talented than us we have to work harder, and that's something we've failed to do the last two games," Carter-Williams said.
The 1993-94 Sixers also accomplished the feat.
Philadelphia trailed 30-5 midway through the first quarter in Sunday's 123-78 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. LA built a 69-30 halftime lead and led 89-33 midway through the third.
After Carter-Williams' floater cut the deficit to 33-27 with 9:15 left in the second, Golden State closed the half on a 33-6 run.
Speights netted the first 13 points of the surge, which Curry capped with consecutive 3-pointers as the Warriors entered the break with a 66-33 cushion.
Golden State outscored Philly 37-12 in the second.
The Warriors took a 98-52 advantage into the fourth, where they built the spread as high as 49 before cruising to the easy win.
Golden State held a 29-21 margin after a quarter of play.
The Warriors netted 25 points off 17 Philly turnovers ... The Sixers lost to the New York Knicks 130-82 on Apr. 21, 1994 before dropping their next game against the Indiana Pacers 133-88 the following night.
Feb 11 12:51 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 80
GOLDEN STATE: 123
End of Regulation
Feb 11 12:50 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 52
GOLDEN STATE: 98
End of 3rd
Feb 11 12:19 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 33
GOLDEN STATE: 66
Feb 10 11:38 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 21
GOLDEN STATE: 29
End of 1st
Feb 10 11:06 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Feb 10 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19