Duncan, Belinelli lead Spurs over CelticsFeb 13, 2014 - 7:59 AM
"Had a tough first half, but, in the second half, he was a monster. He led the way for us," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said about Duncan.
Belinelli finished with 16 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists in the Southwest Division leaders' fourth win in six games on their nine-game road trip.
Boris Diaw and Patty Mills contributed 18 and 16 points, respectively, for the victors.
Boston had won four of five coming into the last game before the All-Star break for both teams and had six players score in double figures, but it still wasn't enough. Rajon Rondo led the Celtics with 16 points.
"I thought our bench was better than our starters in the first half, but (the Spurs) put a lot of pressure on you," said Boston head coach Brad Stevens.
There were a dozen lead changes in the contest, all through the first three quarters. The last came when Duncan buried a turnaround jumper midway through the frame to put the Spurs on top 57-56, and the Spurs pulled away in the fourth.
Kris Humphries opened the fourth-quarter scoring to bring Boston within 71-68, but a bucket by Diaw and a three-point play by Mills upped the margin back to eight.
An 11-0 run sealed it, as Belinelli's 3-pointer provided a 96-79 cushion with 4:23 remaining.
Humphries and Kelly Olynyk had 15 points each off Boston's bench, while fellow reserve Jerryd Bayless chipped in with 11 points and nine assists ... San Antonio swept the season series for the second straight year.
Feb 12 9:45 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 71
End of 3rd
Feb 12 9:12 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 48
Feb 12 8:30 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 25
End of 1st
Feb 12 8:03 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:26
Feb 12 7:42 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12