Pierce, Nets down BobcatsFeb 13, 2014 - 5:52 AM Brooklyn, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Paul Pierce scored 25 points to lead the Brooklyn Nets to a 105-89 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday.
Deron Williams, Andray Blatche and Mirza Teletovic all scored 13 points apiece in the win. Kevin Garnett posted 10 points in Brooklyn's fifth straight win over Charlotte and fourth consecutive overall at the Barclays Center.
"It all started on the defensive end. We got stops. Offensively, we were moving the ball, passing up shots and making plays for the team," said Nets coach Jason Kidd.
Kemba Walker scored 16 points to lead Charlotte, while Al Jefferson deposited a 12-point, 10-rebound double-double in the setback.
"We can't play games like this. We can't walk into an arena with low energy and have a guy make four 3's and get us in it. We have to have high energy and know what we're going to do," said Bobcats coach Steve Clifford.
Brooklyn brought a 50-44 lead into the break at halftime and the Nets jumped out in the second with a 15-3 run. Pierce scored 11 points during the spurt, while Garnett added the other four to help the Nets extend the halftime cushion to 65-47.
The lead swelled to a game-high 27 in the third after Joe Johnson followed a Williams 3 with back-to-back triples to make it an 85-58 game.
Charlotte trimmed the deficit to as little as 15 in the fourth but that is as close as they would get.
Both teams came out of the gate hot, with Brooklyn shooting 11-of-22 from the field in the first quarter and Charlotte making 12-of-22 field goal attempts.
Shaun Livingston made a jumper to push Brooklyn's lead to 26-17 with 2:52 remaining in the first period. Charlotte ended the frame on a 12-2 run as Anthony Tolliver's 3-pointer with 16.3 seconds left capped the scoring in the first and pulled Charlotte within one, 30-29.
Teletovic made two 3s around an Alan Anderson jumper in the opening 1:48 of the second, but the Nets only managed 12 points the rest of the way to take a six-point lead at the break.
Brooklyn shot 40-of-80 for the game ... Josh McRoberts scored 13 points in the setback ... Williams had seven assists ... Charlotte was 7-for-15 from the free throw line.
Feb 12 9:42 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 63
End of 3rd
Feb 12 9:16 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 44
Feb 12 8:37 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 29
End of 1st
Feb 12 8:08 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:48
Feb 12 7:42 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29