Pacers take down HawksFeb 19, 2014 - 4:27 AM
David West tallied 17 points and six rebounds, while Lance Stephenson added 13 points, seven assists and five boards for Indiana, which dropped 2-of-3 heading into the All-Star break.
"We started the season 9-0 and 16-1 and we haven't reached that level of winning since then. Now that the dog days of the season are behind us, we want to start the second half of the season as well as we started the first half," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said.
Kyle Korver, who was 5-of-7 from beyond the arc and netted 19 points for Atlanta, extended his NBA record streak of games with at least one made 3- pointer to 121.
The Hawks have lost six in a row.
George netted nine quick points as the Pacers raced out to a 22-5 advantage a little before the midway point of the opening frame.
"They were making everything it seemed like and we dug ourselves a really big hole," Korver said.
Stephenson's short jumper extended to the margin to 31-9 a few minutes later, but the Hawks closed to stanza on a 14-4 run to cut the deficit to 35-23 after a quarter of play.
A Korver triple and jumper capped a 7-0 Atlanta spurt during the middle stages of the second and cut the gap to 46-41.
Indiana led 57-49 at the break.
George netted eight points during a 16-5 surge to begin the second half and his second 3-pointer during the flurry staked Indiana to a 73-54 lead.
The Pacers took an 87-75 cushion into the fourth, where they cruised to the easy win.
The Pacers scored 35 points off 22 Atlanta turnovers ... Indiana shot 49.4 percent (39-of-79) from the field and sunk 21-of-26 (80.8 percent) foul shots ... Roy Hibbert blocked four shots for Indiana.
Feb 18 9:18 PM
- ATLANTA: 75
End of 3rd
Feb 18 8:51 PM
- ATLANTA: 49
Feb 18 8:04 PM
- ATLANTA: 23
End of 1st
Feb 18 7:34 PM
- ATLANTA: 2
1st Quarter - 11:40
Feb 18 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8