Augustin, Bulls rout NuggetsFeb 22, 2014 - 5:34 AM Chicago Bulls' 117-89 rout of the Denver Nuggets on Friday.
Augustin went 5-of-7 from beyond the arc for the Bulls, who have won five in a row. Tony Snell and Taj Gibson added 20 and 15 points, respectively, with Gibson also pulling down 10 boards.
"All the hard work, everything I learned, I used it tonight," Snell said of his career high point total.
Joakim Noah tallied 14 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks for Chicago, which shot 50 percent from the floor and went 23-of-27 from the foul line. Mike Dunleavy and Carlos Boozer each had 10 points.
Randy Foye made five 3-pointers en route to 23 points for the Nuggets, who have dropped six of seven. Aaron Brooks tallied 17 points in his Nuggets debut.
On Thursday, Denver acquired Brooks from the Houston Rockets in exchange for swingman Jordan Hamilton. The Nuggets also sent unhappy backup point guard Andre Miller to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Jan Vesely, who ended with five points on Friday.
"I got a little bit more confident toward the end," Brooks said. "You can tell the team is a little rusty as far as me getting in there, but I think we'll figure it out."
It didn't take long for Chicago to build a big lead. Ahead 8-6, the Bulls went on a 24-6 run to make it a 20-point lead.
Brooks scored the final seven points of the first quarter to get Denver within, 32-19.
The Nuggets got within nine, 41-32, early in the second period, but Chicago responded with a 24-5 run. Snell tallied 10 points during the surge, including a 3-pointer with 1:31 left to make it a 65-37 contest.
The Bulls took a 69-46 lead into the locker room before cruising to victory in the second half.
Nuggets guard Ty Lawson missed his fifth straight game with a rib injury ... Each team turned the ball over 14 times ... Chicago guard Jimmy Butler had eight points before leaving the game with a rib contusion ... Denver forward Darrell Arthur played just over five minutes before exiting with a hip injury.
Feb 21 10:37 PM
- DENVER: 69
End of 3rd
Feb 21 10:02 PM
- DENVER: 46
Feb 21 9:13 PM
- DENVER: 19
End of 1st
Feb 21 8:38 PM
- DENVER: 0
1st Quarter - 11:46
Feb 21 8:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Jerry Colangelo insists he had no role in 76ers hiring son Apr 13
- Column: Vintage MJ-led Bulls would top Curry's Warriors Apr 13