New additions help Lakers take down rival CelticsFeb 22, 2014 - 6:46 AM
Brooks had 10 of his 14 during a key fourth-quarter run, while Bazemore provided 15 in the Lakers' 101-92 win over the Boston Celtics.
"Coach (Mike) D'Antoni told me to bring my confidence and go play my game," Brooks said.
Brooks and Bazemore were acquired Thursday from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for point guard Steve Blake.
"Basketball is universal. You might change uniforms, but I just went out there and played," Bazemore said.
LA's bench outscored Boston's 63-21 and scored the final 44 points for its team.
Pau Gasol added 16 points and seven rebounds for the Lakers, who snapped their eight-game home losing skid.
Jeff Green tallied 21 points and Brandon Bass added 20 points and eight boards for Boston, which has dropped three straight. Jared Sullinger contributed a 12-point, 12-rebound double-double.
Boston took a 74-63 advantage into the fourth, but the Lakers began the frame on an elongated 27-9 run.
Jordan Farmar's pull-up jumper gave LA an 80-79 lead at the 8:10 mark, its first since it was 10-9 early on. The surge was capped on a Chris Kaman jumper for a 92-83 cushion with 3:28 left.
"Their bench won the first four minutes of the fourth quarter. They got into a rhythm, their new guys Bazemore and Brooks killed us," Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said.
The Lakers led comfortably the rest of the way.
Earlier, Boston led 28-19 after a quarter of play and 46-44 at the break.
The Celtics were up 60-57 midway through the third before they further extended their margin following a 12-2 run. Bass netted five points during the surge, which he capped with a dunk for a 72-59 cushion.
Kaman, Pau Gasol and Jodie Meeks all scored 16 points to lead LA ... Los Angeles shot 48.2 percent (40- of-83) from the field ... Boston tallied 21 points off 18 Lakers turnovers ... Boston shot 39.2 percent (38-of-97) from the floor.
Feb 22 1:04 AM
- BOSTON: 74
LOS ANGELES: 63
End of 3rd
Feb 22 12:31 AM
- BOSTON: 46
LOS ANGELES: 44
Feb 21 11:43 PM
- BOSTON: 28
LOS ANGELES: 19
End of 1st
Feb 21 11:09 PM
- BOSTON: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Feb 21 10:44 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5