Burks and Jazz defeat CelticsFeb 25, 2014 - 5:30 AM
Marvin Williams recorded 19 points and seven rebounds, while Gordon Hayward dished out 10 assists for the Jazz, who snapped their three-game losing streak.
"We bounced back. I thought our execution on our offensive end for the most part was pretty good. We got the ball where we wanted, especially the first half," Utah head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Rajon Rondo, who sat out Saturday's loss to the Sacramento Kings, had 18 points and 10 assists for Boston, which has dropped five in a row.
Kelly Olynyk registered 21 points, eight rebounds and four assists, while Jeff Green also provided 21 points in defeat.
"I thought Kelly (Olynyk) played really well tonight. But one of our issues has just been you try to find the hot hand instead of every night knowing where it?s coming from," Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said.
Mo Williams scored five points during an early 13-3 run, including a layup to cap it and stake Utah to a 15-8 lead midway through the frame.
Utah held a 27-18 advantage after a quarter of play and a 59-46 cushion at the break.
The Jazz led by as many as 17 in the third before settling for an 83-68 spread heading into the fourth, where they cruised to the easy triumph.
The Celtics had been 6-3 in their last nine meetings in Salt Lake City coming in ... The Jazz shot 55.0 percent (44-of-80) from the field, while Boston was 44.0 percent (37-of-84) from the floor.
Feb 24 11:23 PM
- BOSTON: 68
End of 3rd
Feb 24 10:53 PM
- BOSTON: 46
Feb 24 10:11 PM
- BOSTON: 18
End of 1st
Feb 24 9:41 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Feb 24 9:18 PM
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27