Pacers crush LakersFeb 26, 2014 - 4:46 AM
George Hill scored 14 points, David West added 11 with 12 rebounds and Evan Turner, making his Pacers debut after a trade deadline deal brought him over from Philadelphia, chipped in with 13 points off the bench.
"He knows how to make the right basketball play. He's not out there forcing action," Indiana head coach Frank Vogel said of Turner.
Lance Stephenson donated 13 points and nine boards for Indiana, which outscored the Lakers in the second half by a 61-44 margin to earn a rare sweep of the season series, their first since the 1991-92 campaign.
Kent Bazemore scored a career-high 23 points in LA's sixth loss in its last seven games.
"I think he can play," Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni said of Bazemore. "Defensively, especially, he's very good at doubling. He's very good at reading stuff and he's a pretty good one-on-one defender. He does a lot of stuff."
The Lakers trailed by a dozen less than seven minutes in when Roy Hibbert put back a Stephenson miss to give the Pacers an 18-6 cushion.
Still, it took until the third quarter for Indiana to really pull away.
A Pau Gasol jumper early in the third had LA within a point, 59-58, only to have the hosts score 12 of the next 13 to rebuild the double-digit lead.
George scored 12 points in the frame, and a quarter-ending 17-4 spurt stretched Indiana's lead to a healthy 91-70.
The margin grew to as many as 33 in the fourth.
Indiana made a season-best 47 field goals on 101 attempts (46.5 percent) ... The Lakers had won the previous three games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, with Indiana's last home win coming on Dec. 2, 2008 ... Indiana improved to 10-0 on Tuesdays.
Feb 25 9:16 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 70
End of 3rd
Feb 25 8:44 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 54
Feb 25 8:04 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 23
End of 1st
Feb 25 7:34 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 2
1st Quarter - 11:07
Feb 25 7:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16