Bayless, Rondo power Celtics over HawksFeb 27, 2014 - 4:58 AM Boston, MA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jerryd Bayless netted 29 points, while Rajon Rondo added 22 points and 11 assists and the Boston Celtics defeated the Atlanta Hawks, 115-104, on Wednesday night.
"It was good that they played well together," Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said of the Bayless/Rondo combo. "Maybe we'll see that more. Makes a lot of sense after tonight."
Jeff Green tallied 17 points and eight rebounds, while Brandon Bass provided 14 points and eight boards for the Celtics, who snapped their five-game losing streak.
Jeff Teague had 26 points and DeMarre Carroll registered 24 points and seven rebounds for Atlanta, which has lost 10 of its last 11 contests.
"We had more turnovers, they had more offensive rebounds and all of that just becomes too much to overcome," Hawks head coach Mike Budenholtzer said.
Shelvin Mack split a pair of free throws to get the Hawks within 92-91 with 6:43 left, but the Celtics responded with an 11-3 run to put the game away.
Green had five points during the surge, including a triple to cap it and give Boston a 103-94 lead with 4:03 remaining.
Lou Williams knocked down a 3-pointer at the other end while being fouled, but missed the free throw. Bayless then hit a pull-up jumper and Gerald Wallace sunk two free throws to push the spread to double digits, 107-97.
Earlier, Carroll netted seven points and Kyle Korver nailed a pair of triples as Atlanta raced out to a 23-8 start, but Boston countered with an elongated 25-6 swing that bridged into the second quarter.
Bayless scored the final six points during the burst, which staked the Celtics to a 33-29 advantage.
Boston led 58-56 at the break and 81-79 after three.
Boston netted 27 points off 18 Atlanta turnovers ... Korver hit four 3- pointers to extend his record for consecutive games with a triple to 126 ... The Celtics were 21-of-23 from the foul line.
Feb 26 9:52 PM
- ATLANTA: 79
End of 3rd
Feb 26 9:15 PM
- ATLANTA: 56
Feb 26 8:36 PM
- ATLANTA: 27
End of 1st
Feb 26 8:05 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Feb 26 7:41 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7