Blazers rout NetsFeb 27, 2014 - 7:22 AM Portland, OR (SportsNetwork.com) - Mo Williams scored a team-high 21 points as the Portland Trail Blazers blasted the Brooklyn Nets, 124-80, on Wednesday.
Will Barton had season highs with 20 points and 11 rebounds, while Nicholas Batum finished with 19 points, six assists, and six rebounds in Portland's fourth straight win.
Damian Lillard netted 14 points, Victor Claver deposited a career-high 13, and Robin Lopez and C.J. McCollum added 11 points apiece in the win.
"This point of the season right now, you want to keep getting better," said Wesley Matthews. "You want to keep reaching to a point where when the playoffs hit, you're playing at your best."
Portland's bench scored 68 points compared to just 45 for Brooklyn.
Deron Williams paced the Nets with 12 points, Joe Johnson contributed 11, and Mason Plumlee chipped in 10. Brooklyn has lost two of its last three.
"Our energy, on the offensive end we didn't make shots and we kind of felt sorry for ourselves, which carried over to the defensive end and we didn't get stops," said Nets coach Jason Kidd.
Portland led 29-20 after the first quarter and a late second quarter run put the game out of reach at halftime.
Andray Blatche converted 1-of-2 from the line to cut the Brooklyn deficit to 47-34 with 2:53 remaining until halftime.
Batum scored back-to-back buckets to ignite an 11-0 run to end the half for Portland. Barton closed the scoring on the run with a dunk to give the Blazers a 58-34 lead at the half.
Brooklyn got as close as 21 in the third and fourth, but Portland continued to push the margin to a healthy advantage before obliterating the Nets with a late run in the closing minutes.
Portland was without the services of LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed his fifth straight game due to a strained left groin ... The Blazers shot 46-of-86 from the field and held the Nets to 32-of-81 shooting ... Portland's largest lead was 45 ... Brooklyn shot 4-for-22 from beyond the arc.
Feb 27 12:13 AM
- BROOKLYN: 59
End of 3rd
Feb 26 11:47 PM
- BROOKLYN: 34
Feb 26 11:09 PM
- BROOKLYN: 20
End of 1st
Feb 26 10:36 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
1st Quarter - 11:47
Feb 26 10:12 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11