George, Pacers down CelticsMar 2, 2014 - 7:01 AM Indiana Pacers beat the Boston Celtics, 102-97, on Saturday night.
Lance Stephenson tallied 16 points, nine rebounds and six assists, while Roy Hibbert added 15 points and five boards for Indiana, which has won four in a row.
"Good win for our guys. Good balance amongst the starters," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said.
Jeff Green netted 27 points and Kris Humphries supplied 18 points and 10 rebounds for the Celtics, who have dropped six of their last seven games.
"I'm pretty pleased with the way we looked as a basketball team. I'm excited because we are getting better," Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said.
After Brandon Bass sank a pair of free throws to get Boston within 96-94 with 1:31 to go, Indiana netted the next six points to seal the outcome.
George nailed a triple at the other end and following Rajon Rondo's miss from beyond the arc, Stephenson knocked down two free throws. George then split a pair from the line to clinch it with 24.3 ticks remaining.
Earlier, the Pacers took a 28-27 edge into the second, where they further extended their advantage during the latter stages of the opening half.
Hibbert capped an 8-0 spurt with a pair of foul shots for a 51-41 Indiana spread with three minutes to go in the quarter.
The Pacers led 55-48 going into the break, but Boston outscored them 30-21 in the third and went into the final stanza with a 78-76 edge.
The Pacers shot 50.6 percent (39-of-77) from the floor, while Boston was 42.7 percent (38-of-89) from the field ... Rondo had 12 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds.
Mar 1 10:23 PM
- INDIANA: 76
End of 3rd
Mar 1 9:44 PM
- INDIANA: 55
Mar 1 9:06 PM
- INDIANA: 28
End of 1st
Mar 1 8:34 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Mar 1 8:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5