Pacers edge JazzMar 3, 2014 - 3:37 AM
Paul George added 22 points and C.J. Watson finished with 13 points for the Pacers, winners in five straight.
George Hill missed his second straight game with a bruised left shoulder.
Gordon Hayward scored 21 points and Derrick Favors finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Jazz, losers in two straight.
"I've been slumping a little bit the last couple of weeks, but I feel like I'm starting to shoot the ball better these last few games," said Hayward.
The Jazz led 55-47 with 7:42 remaining in the third period, but an 18-4 run gave the pacers the lead for good. West opened the run with a slam and George followed with a 3-pointer.
Hayward had the Jazz back within two, 65-63, with his dunk at the 2:49 mark, but the Pacers outscored Utah 10-7 the rest of the way to take a 75-70 lead into the final frame.
Watson's 20-footer with 5:55 remaining gave the Pacers their largest lead of the game at 83-75. The Jazz clawed within three, 87-84, when Trey Burke hit a jumper.
The teams traded baskets until Evan Turner hit a pair of free throws with six seconds left, but Hayward nailed a 27-footer with four ticks showing to pull the Jazz within a point.
Stephenson calmly sunk a pair of free throws on the other end and Hayward's 3- pointer at the buzzer was no good.
"We started off so slow, I felt like I needed to be a little more aggressive. Same thing in the third quarter. But I thought our team just competed hard enough to win a tough, tough game. They're a young, feisty and up-and-coming team. I thought we handled the challenge," said West.
Indiana led 21-20 after 12 minutes, but Utah outscored the Pacers 26-24 in the second to take a 46-45 lead into the break.
The Pacers scored 24 points off 18 Jazz turnovers ... The Pacers were 21- for-28 from the free throw line ... Burke finished with 16 points and five assists for the Jazz.
Mar 2 8:31 PM
- UTAH: 91
End of Regulation
Mar 2 8:31 PM
- UTAH: 70
End of 3rd
Mar 2 7:50 PM
- UTAH: 46
Mar 2 7:07 PM
- UTAH: 20
End of 1st
Mar 2 6:35 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:34
Mar 2 6:14 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5