Thunder take down BobcatsMar 3, 2014 - 4:23 AM Oklahoma City, OK (SportsNetwork.com) - Kevin Durant had 28 points, six rebounds and five assists and the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, 116-99, on Sunday night.
Durant was just 8-of-24 from the field and missed all six of his 3-point attempts, but sunk all 12 of his foul shots.
Russell Westbrook tallied 26 points and five assists, while Serge Ibaka provided 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Thunder, who dropped their first three games since Westbrook returned before winning two straight.
"He really controlled everything we were doing out there. He's in a good place right now," Thunder head coach Scott Brooks said of Westbrook.
OKC has beaten Charlotte seven consecutive times.
Al Jefferson had 25 points and seven rebounds and Anthony Tolliver supplied 17 points for Charlotte, which has dropped two in a reel on the heels of a four- game winning streak.
"We just made too many mistakes in the fourth quarter, turned the ball over (seven times) they really picked up the defensive pressure," Jefferson said.
OKC was up 86-84 with 9:50 left before extending its margin following an elongated 21-8 run. Reggie Jackson netted eight points during the burst, which was capped on a Westbrook triple for a 107-92 cushion with 3:41 remaining.
The Thunder led by as many as 20 down the stretch before coasting to the easy win.
Earlier, OKC led 31-25 after a quarter of play, 61-55 at the break and 85-81 heading into the fourth.
Oklahoma City recorded 25 points off 18 Charlotte turnovers ... The Thunder outrebounded the Bobcats 44-29 and held a 50-32 points in the paint edge ... Jackson finished with 17 points.
Mar 2 9:31 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 81
OKLAHOMA CITY: 85
End of 3rd
Mar 2 8:57 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 55
OKLAHOMA CITY: 61
Mar 2 8:11 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 25
OKLAHOMA CITY: 31
End of 1st
Mar 2 7:39 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 2
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 2 7:15 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19