Green lifts Suns over HawksMar 3, 2014 - 4:52 AM
Green was 9-of-14 from the field, 5-of-8 from 3-point range and sunk all 10 of his foul shots.
Markieff Morris provided 21 points and eight rebounds, while Goran Dragic added 19 points, eight assists and five boards for the Suns, who have won back-to-back tilts on the heels of a three-game losing streak.
Jeff Teague tallied 29 points, nine assists and six rebounds for Atlanta, which has dropped three straight and 11 of its last 12.
"They (Suns) shot the ball extremely well. They play with great pace. They put a lot of pressure on your defense, make or miss. Tonight our transition defense wasn?t good enough," Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer said.
A Shelvin Mack layup pulled the Hawks within 95-94 late in the third, but Phoenix closed the frame on a 7-1 spurt. Morris nailed a step-back jumper before his brother Marcus knocked down a 3-pointer with three seconds left in the quarter to give the Suns a 102-95 lead.
Marcus Morris' driving layup to open the fourth made it 104-95.
The margin reached as high as 11, 121-110, after P.J. Tucker hit a jumper, but Teague capped an 8-2 flurry with a layup to get Atlanta within 123-118 with 1:35 to play.
The Suns, though, hit all six of their foul shots down the stretch to seal the outcome.
Earlier, Phoenix led 40-37 after a quarter of play and 79-65 at the break.
"We really pushed the ball. It was a high pace, they were scoring within five or six seconds, and we were scoring within five or six seconds. There were a lot of offensive opportunities out there," Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek said of the first half.
Phoenix shot 55 percent (44-of-80) from the floor, 62.5 percent from beyond the arc (15-of-24) and 86.7 percent (26-of-30) from the foul line ... The Suns held a 41-33 rebounding edge.
Mar 2 10:25 PM
- ATLANTA: 95
End of 3rd
Mar 2 9:48 PM
- ATLANTA: 65
Mar 2 9:03 PM
- ATLANTA: 37
End of 1st
Mar 2 8:33 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Mar 2 8:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7