Wizards roll past JazzMar 6, 2014 - 5:29 AM Washington, DC (SportsNetwork.com) - Trevor Ariza scored 26 points, Bradley Beal added 22 and the Washington Wizards rolled to a 104-91 victory over the Utah Jazz on Wednesday.
John Wall chipped in with 14 points and 10 assists for the Wizards, who bounced back into the win column after having their six-game winning streak stopped by Memphis on Monday.
They did it by shooting 54.3 percent from the floor and outscoring the Jazz in the paint by a wide 56-36 margin.
Drew Gooden, who had gone scoreless in limited action since signing a 10-day contract with Washington last week, totaled 12 points on 6-of-7 shooting.
"I've been playing this game for 12 years," Gooden said. "I actually think what helped me was the time off, being able to observe the game from the house, from the couch, and know the type of player I'm going to be the next time I had the opportunity to get a shot."
Utah, which has opened its six-game road trip with four consecutive losses, was led by Alec Burks' 19 points.
The Jazz used a 10-0 run that dipped into the fourth quarter to trim a 15- point deficit to five, 79-74, following a Diante Garrett 3-pointer.
Five was as close as it got, though, as Washington put the game away with a 11-3 spurt, with Wall's finger roll with under four minutes to play providing a 98-85 cushion.
Ariza and Marcin Gortat combined to shoot 8-of-12 for 20 points in the opening quarter, which ended with the Wizards holding a 28-23 lead.
Washington stretched the difference to 15 late in the second, and Wall's steal and reverse dunk just before the buzzer gave the hosts a 54-44 advantage at the break.
"They had 23 points off of 13 turnovers, which is a lot and they were bad turnovers," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Gortat finished with 16 points and nine rebounds ... The Jazz had won four straight against Washington ... Utah's bench outscored the Wizards' reserves 45-22 ... Utah missed nine of its 22 free throw attempts while the Wizards made all 10 of theirs.
Mar 5 9:13 PM
- UTAH: 71
End of 3rd
Mar 5 8:48 PM
- UTAH: 44
Mar 5 8:04 PM
- UTAH: 23
End of 1st
Mar 5 7:37 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Mar 5 7:12 PM
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Apr 14
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Apr 14