Warriors pick up rare win in BostonMar 6, 2014 - 7:09 AM Boston, MA (SportsNetwork.com) - David Lee scored 18 points with 10 rebounds as the Golden State Warriors routed the Boston Celtics, 108-88, at TD Garden on Wednesday night.
Klay Thompson also netted 18 points, Stephen Curry tallied 14, and Andre Iguodala added 11 for Golden State, which snapped a five-game road losing streak at Boston.
"I thought we did a great job against a team that, in all honesty, we are better than," said Warriors coach Mark Jackson. "It was a type of game where you can overlook them."
Kelly Olynyk led all Celtics with 19 points off the bench and Rajon Rondo scored 14 points with seven assists in the setback, Boston's seventh in its last eight games.
Jared Sullinger and Brandon Bass each contributed 11 points, with Bass adding eight rebounds for Boston.
Lee bookended a 12-2 run to open the game for Golden State, as Boston missed 7-of-8 shots and committed four turnovers to dig an early hole. The Celtics closed to within eight, 30-22, after one quarter.
"I thought they got out and ran," said Bass. "They went out and made some shots and we turned the ball over."
Golden State scored the first seven points of the second quarter to take a 15- point edge, but Boston worked its way back to within nine at 5:55.
Thompson followed with a 3 which sparked a 19-7 run to end the quarter and give the Warriors a 61-40 lead at the break.
Both teams traded baskets to open the third quarter until Lee made a putback layup to begin an 11-2 run that stretched the margin to 30, 76-46, that Lee closed with a jumper.
Golden State led by as many as 31 in the third and let its foot off the pedal in the fourth, cruising to victory.
Boston was held to 30-of-76 (39.5 percent) shooting ... The Warriors made 5- of-28 (17.9 percent) shots from beyond the arc ... Golden State had a 45-40 edge on the boards and a 58-32 margin in the paint.
Mar 5 9:46 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 84
End of 3rd
Mar 5 9:18 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 61
Mar 5 8:38 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 30
End of 1st
Mar 5 8:05 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Mar 5 7:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19