Kings roll past Bucks in MilwaukeeMar 6, 2014 - 7:28 AM
Rudy Gay added 22 points and DeMarcus Cousins chipped in with 21 points, 10 rebounds and five assists for the Kings, winners in two straight.
"It was tough, (Cousins) is a load down there and he's one of the best centers in the league. It is a challenge," said Bucks center John Henson.
Ray McCallum scored 15 points and Reggie Evans chipped in with 13 off the bench in the win.
Brandon Knight scored 25 points to go with five rebounds and six assists and Jeff Adrien scored 15 for the Bucks, losers in three of their last four games.
The Kings led 28-26 following a closely contested opening frame. Neither side led by more than five in the period.
O.J. Mayo tied the game with a pair of free throws at the 9:14 mark of the second, but a 15-2 run had the Kings leading 48-35. The Kings' lead swelled to 16 late in the frame, and they took a 61-48 into the break.
The Kings opened the third on a 13-7 swing to push their lead to 19, 74-55, near the midway point of the quarter. Gay's 3-pointer at the buzzer made it 95-74 entering the final frame.
The Bucks were never closer than 14 the rest of the way.
"When the ball is moving and we're sharing the ball, the offense is going to be crisper. We had that tonight," Kings coach Michael Malone said.
Cousins has scored at least 20 points 35 times this season ... Thomas has reached 20 points in eight of his last night games ... Thomas was ejected late in the fourth after receiving a double technical ... The Bucks haven't won consecutive games since March 17-19, 2013 ... Khris Middleton was the only other Milwaukee player in double figures with 11 points.
Mar 5 10:21 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 95
End of 3rd
Mar 5 9:51 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 61
Mar 5 9:10 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 28
End of 1st
Mar 5 8:40 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:35
Mar 5 8:12 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14