Blazers crush Hawks by 24Mar 6, 2014 - 7:28 AM Portland, OR (SportsNetwork.com) - Nicolas Batum scored 14 points and pulled down a career-high 18 rebounds as the Portland Trail Blazers defeated the Atlanta Hawks, 102-78, on Wednesday.
Mo Williams paced the Blazers with 15 points, while Damian Lillard and Robin Lopez each tallied 12 points in the win, Portland's sixth in its last seven contests.
LaMarcus Aldridge and Wesley Matthews contributed 10 points apiece for the Blazers.
"He's a jack of all trades and we're feeding off of that," Matthews said of Batum.
Cartier Martin led Atlanta with 16 points off the bench, while Pero Antic and Jeff Teague each chipped in with 10 points.
Atlanta has now lost four straight and 12 of its last 13 overall.
Kyle Korver's NBA-record streak of 127 straight games with a 3-pointer was halted in the loss, as the long-range sniper was 0-for-5 from beyond the arc and finished with five points. He did not play in the fourth quarter.
"I'm a little bummed, for sure," Korver said of the streak. "It was good while it lasted, someday we'll look at it and be proud, but obviously it was a tough game all around for us."
Korver was fouled shooting a 3 just past the midway point of the first and nailed all three attempts to tie the game at 13-13.
Portland ended the stanza on a 16-6 run and brought a 29-19 lead into the second.
Mike Scott scored four straight points as part of a 6-0 sprint to cut the deficit to 29-25 early in the second. The Trail Blazers proceeded to go on a 13-3 run that Matthews capped with a trey.
Portland then ended the final 2:23 of the second on a 12-5 run to take a 56-38 lead at the break.
The Blazers led by 24 after three quarters and were in front by as many as 29 in the final stanza.
Portland improved to 3-7 in the series with Atlanta dating back to March 2009 ... The Blazers shot 35-of-79 from the field and held the Hawks to 29-for-88 shooting ... Portland shot 19-for-21 from the free throw line and outrebounded its opponent 53-37.
Mar 6 12:57 AM
- ATLANTA: 55
End of 3rd
Mar 6 12:27 AM
- ATLANTA: 38
Mar 5 11:45 PM
- ATLANTA: 19
End of 1st
Mar 5 11:10 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Mar 5 10:41 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11