Jazz hand Sixers 16th straight lossMar 9, 2014 - 7:59 AM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Gordon Hayward had eight of his 22 points in the final 58 seconds to guide the Utah Jazz to a 104-92 win over the slumping Philadelphia 76ers
After Tony Wroten, who poured in a career-high 30 points on 12-of-15 shooting, tied the score at 91-apiece on a dunk with 2:51 remaining, Alec Burks' triple restored the lead which Utah held for most of the contest. Hayward then converted a pair of three-point plays and dunk in the final minute to secure the outcome.
"We did a good job of finishing the game," said Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin.
Burks scored 19 off the bench, while Derrick Favors posted 15 points with 14 rebounds to help Utah snap its five-game losing skid.
Thaddeus Young and James Anderson tallied 18 and 16 points, respectively, in the Sixers' 16th straight loss.
"It was a good game we played," said Wroten. "We felt like we could have came out with that one, but we let it slip away."
Utah never trailed in the fourth and led 86-75 3:32 into the period before Wroten led a furious Sixers rally. The second-year guard went on a personal 7-0 run to pull the hosts back within four midway through the frame.
It was 91-86 after Trey Burke's jumper from the nail with just over four minutes to play. Wroten then split a pair of free throws, Anderson hit a pair and Wroten tied it with his jam before Utah ended the contest on a 12-1 run.
Earlier, Utah led 24-22 after the first quarter but lost the lead late in the first half, when Anderson netted the final four points before intermission to give Philly a 52-50 lead.
Hayward's stepback early in the third put Utah back in front, and the lead held the rest of the way.
Utah won the rebounding margin 42-33 ... Enes Kanter had 13 points and 10 boards in a reserve role for the Jazz ... Hayward and Burke had eight assists apiece ... The Sixers shot just 5-of-22 from 3-point range ... Wroten took all but two of his shots in the restricted area.
Mar 8 10:54 PM
- UTAH: 75
End of 3rd
Mar 8 10:16 PM
- UTAH: 50
Mar 8 8:34 PM
- UTAH: 24
End of 1st
Mar 8 8:05 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Mar 8 7:41 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14