Bledsoe stars as surprising Suns top PelicansNov 6, 2013 - 4:23 PM
The emerging star is showing early on that he can carry a team on his broad shoulders.
Bledsoe had 25 points, five assists and three steals in the Phoenix Suns' 104-98 triumph over the New Orleans Pelicans.
Acquired from the Clippers in a three-team swap during the offseason, the chiseled guard was 10-of-12 from the field for Phoenix, which improved to 3-1 on the young season.
Anthony Davis tallied 17 points and 11 rebounds for New Orleans, while Eric Gordon netted 20 points in the loss.
Trailing 60-50 after making a pair of free throws midway through the third, the Suns countered with a 21-4 run.
Gerald Green, who netted 18 points, nailed four triples during the surge, including one to cap it and make it 71-64 late in the third.
Phoenix made 12-of-13 shots and sunk six 3-pointers in a row at one point.
"The third quarter was a prime example of when we move the ball and play as a team, we can really heat things up," Green said
The Suns led 78-69 after three, but New Orleans pulled within 87-85 midway through the fourth when Anthony Morrow drained a 3-pointer.
Phoenix, though, put in the next six as Tucker's reverse layup staked the Suns a 93-85 advantage with 2:25 left. The Pelicans never got within less than four the rest of the way.
Earlier, New Orleans raced out to a 27-13 advantage before taking a 28-17 spread into the second.
"We had a good first quarter and then after that we went away a bit from the things that are necessary for us to be good," Pelicans head coach Monty Williams said.
The Suns outscored the hosts 24-17 in the second to whittle the gap to 45-41 heading into the break.
Phoenix was without guard Goran Dragic, who sprained his ankle against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday ... Green made six 3-pointers ... Markieff Morris had 17 points, while twin brother Marcus added 16 for Phoenix.
Nov 5 10:28 PM
- PHOENIX: 104
NEW ORLEANS: 98
End of Regulation
Nov 5 10:28 PM
- PHOENIX: 78
NEW ORLEANS: 69
End of 3rd
Nov 5 9:42 PM
- PHOENIX: 41
NEW ORLEANS: 45
Nov 5 9:05 PM
- PHOENIX: 17
NEW ORLEANS: 28
End of 1st
Nov 5 8:35 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:48
Nov 5 8:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 28
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Apr 28
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27