Love fills the stat sheet again as Minnesota beats DallasNov 9, 2013 - 4:33 AM Dallas Mavericks at Target Center.
Love flirted with a triple-double, adding 15 rebounds and eight assists marking the second time this season he has recorded at least 30 points, 15 rebounds, and five assists.
Corey Brewer contributed 17 points for the Timberwolves, who snapped a two- game slide.
Monta Ellis scored 23 points on 9-of-24 shooting and Jose Calderon finished with 21 points and seven helpers in the loss, the Mavs' second in a row.
Ellis hit a layup with 3:34 left to play to pull the Mavs within three late in the fourth quarter, but that's when Love and Martin took over.
Love hit a 3-pointer on the next possession, assisted by Martin, and then hit a fadeaway jumper on the baseline to extend the lead to 110-102 with 1:13 to go.
Martin followed with a turnaround jumper and Ricky Rubio added two free throws to cap a 9-0 run and give the hosts a comfortable 114-102 margin.
Dallas went scoreless for 2:14 before Wayne Ellington hit a pair of shots from long distance in the final 20 seconds.
Minnesota opened the game on a 12-4 run, going 5-of-6 from the field to jump out in front over the visitors.
Love led the charge going 3-of-3 from the field and making his only attempt from 3-point range.
Dallas answered with a 10-2 run at 4:51 in the first, shrinking its deficit from 21-11 to 23-21 thanks to four straight by Ellis to end the burst. Jae Crowder's jumper inside of a minute left made it a one-point spread before Brewer knocked down a trey with 7.6 seconds left in the opening frame for a 28-24 game.
Both sides traded turns with the lead in the second quarter and Brewer's shot gave the T-Wolves a 56-55 edge at halftime.
Minnesota led by as many as 11 in the third quarter, 77-66 on a Martin trple with 5:04 left, but Blair's lay-in cut the Mavs' deficit to 85-81 heading to the fourth.
The clubs split four meetings in 2012-13 ... Entering Friday, Dallas had won 21 of the last 26 meetings against Minnesota ... Dallas will play at Milwaukee on Saturday while Minnesota travels to Los Angeles for a matchup with the Lakers on Sunday ... Dirk Nowitzki finished with 14 points and Shawn Marion had 10 points with seven rebounds in the loss ... Nikola Pekovic was the fourth Minnesota player in double-figures with 15 points and six rebounds.
Nov 8 10:23 PM
- DALLAS: 81
End of 3rd
Nov 8 9:47 PM
- DALLAS: 56
Nov 8 9:08 PM
- DALLAS: 24
End of 1st
Nov 8 8:36 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Nov 8 8:11 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9