Warriors cruise past punchless JazzNov 17, 2013 - 7:35 AM
Andre Iguodala added 16 points, Stephen Curry had 15 points and 11 assists and Andrew Bogut scored 12 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for the Warriors, winners in three straight.
David Lee and Harrison Barnes finished with 13 and 11 points, respectively, in the win.
Derrick Favors had 17 points and seven rebounds while Gordon Hayward and Marvin Williams finished with 14 points apiece for the Jazz, who fell to an NBA-worst 1-10.
The Warriors held the Jazz to just 27.3 percent (6-of-22) shooting in the first quarter to take a 27-13 lead. Curry poured in eight points on 4-of-8 shooting in the frame.
"We dug ourselves too big of a hole there," Hayward said. "They run their offense pretty well."
Golden State kept its foot on the gas in the second and stretched its lead to 19, 51-32, following Thompson's pullup 3-pointer in transition. The Warriors led 51-34 at the break.
The Jazz got within seven points after Hayward canned a trey with 5:37 left in the third, but the Warriors were able to push their spread back to double figures and owned a 74-63 advantage entering the final frame.
Utah couldn't get closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Warriors reserve center Jermaine O'Neal left the game in the second half after suffering a right leg injury. Golden State announced the preliminary diagnosis of the injury is a right knee sprain and right groin strain. The 35-year old will undergo additional tests on Sunday.
"Jermaine means a lot to this basketball team," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. "It's never fun or easy looking at a teammate go down like that. We pray that everything is fine with him."
The Warriors outscored the Jazz 46-32 in the paint ... Golden State shot 51.3 percent (41-for-80) from the floor ... The Warriors scored 24 points off 19 Jazz turnovers ... Former Warriors guard Brandon Rush did not play for the Jazz ... Richard Jefferson and Enes Kanter finished with 12 and 10 points, respectively, for the Jazz.
Nov 17 12:47 AM
- UTAH: 63
GOLDEN STATE: 74
End of 3rd
Nov 17 12:12 AM
- UTAH: 34
GOLDEN STATE: 51
Nov 16 11:31 PM
- UTAH: 13
GOLDEN STATE: 27
End of 1st
Nov 16 11:04 PM
- UTAH: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Nov 16 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19