Brooks' hot shooting leads Rockets past TimberwolvesNov 24, 2013 - 6:51 AM
Terrence Jones tallied 18 points and 10 rebounds, Jeremy Lin poured in 19 points and Dwight Howard added 11 points, 13 boards and four blocks for the Rockets, who have won four of their last five game.
Houston was without its leading scorer James Harden, who was held out of the lineup with a sore foot. He is also expected to miss Hosuton's next game at Memphis.
"I think the difference was that about two days prior you knew that James (Harden) wasn't going to play so mentally you're more prepared for what's about to happen," said Brooks, who started in place of Harden.
Kevin Love had 27 points and 15 rebounds for Minnesota, which has dropped four of its last six tilts.
Jones had seven quick points as the Rockets raced out to a 14-2 start before a 13-2 Minnesota swing brought the Timberwolves within 16-15 midway through the first.
Houston then closed the frame on a 9-3 flurry as the hosts took a 25-18 advantage after a quarter of play.
The Rockets led 55-42 at the break and 82-74 after three before blowing the game open with a 9-0 run to begin the fourth.
Omri Casspi, Lin and Brooks nailed triples on three consecutive trips down the floor as Houston took a commanding 91-74 advantage.
The Rockets led by as many as 19 down the stretch.
"They (Rockets) just shot the ball really well from the three and we just didn't play well enough," said Minnesota head coach Rick Adelman.
Patrick Beverley knocked down five 3-pointers and finished with 17 points for Houston ... Houston turned the ball over 24 times, which led to 37 Minnesota points ... Corey Brewer netted 22 points for the Timberwolves.
Nov 23 10:12 PM
- MINNESOTA: 101
End of Regulation
Nov 23 10:12 PM
- MINNESOTA: 74
End of 3rd
Nov 23 9:42 PM
- MINNESOTA: 42
Nov 23 9:02 PM
- MINNESOTA: 18
End of 1st
Nov 23 8:34 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:34
Nov 23 8:13 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28