Morris, Suns edge JazzNov 30, 2013 - 5:37 AM Salt Lake City, UT (SportsNetwork.com) - Markieff Morris poured in a game-high 23 points off the bench as the Phoenix Suns took care of the Utah Jazz with a 112-101 win on Friday night.
Goran Dragic scored 19 points with nine assists, while Eric Bledsoe also had 19 points off the bench, and Miles Plumlee netted 15 with 10 rebounds for Phoenix, which has won four of its last five.
Channing Frye and Gerald Green each chipped in 13 points.
Marvin Williams led six Utah players in double figures with 18 points, while Alec Burks tallied 16 points off the bench and Derrick Favors finished with 15.
"They (Phoenix) made shots. They got what they wanted," said Utah head coach Tyrone Corbin. "They had us spread out, they got drives (and) they got the ball where they wanted to in the initial part of the offense."
The Jazz opened up a 9-0 lead 1:57 into the game following a Williams 3- pointer.
Dragic then fueled an 11-2 run with nine points during the spurt and the Suns tied the game with 7:48 left in the quarter.
Phoenix grabbed a 29-24 lead but the Jazz ended the stanza on a 9-2 run to take a 33-31 lead.
Midway through the second, with the Suns trailing 42-41, Phoenix went on a 17-5 run to take a 58-47 lead with just over two minutes left in the half.
Each team traded a pair of buckets and the Suns took a 62-51 into the break.
"I thought we played the game very well for three quarters," said Phoenix head coach Jeff Hornacek. "We had the lead and then kind of goofed around a little bit there in the fourth quarter."
Phoenix slowly built its lead to as many as 20 after a three-point play from PJ Tucker with 1:19 left in the third and the Suns led 95-78 after three.
Utah couldn't cut the lead to single-digits in the fourth as the Suns cruised to victory.
Phoenix shot 41-of-75 (54.7 percent) from the field and 22-of-25 (88 percent) from the foul line... Trey Burke finished with 13 points on 6-of-14 shooting ... These two teams wrap up a home-and-home set on Saturday in Phoenix.
Nov 29 11:14 PM
- PHOENIX: 95
End of 3rd
Nov 29 10:43 PM
- PHOENIX: 62
Nov 29 10:06 PM
- PHOENIX: 31
End of 1st
Nov 29 9:35 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Nov 29 9:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Teletovic's 22 leads Suns past Clippers reserves, 114-105 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Clippers-Suns Preview Apr 13