Durant, Westbrook carry Thunder past PelicansDec 7, 2013 - 6:37 AM Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 109-95 on Friday night.
Russell Westbrook added 25 points, four assists and four steals, while Serge Ibaka finished with 17 points and 13 boards for Oklahoma City, which has won nine of its last 10 games.
"We took a little bit of self pride," said Thunder coach Scott Brooks. "You got to stop your man. You can't worry about help."
Jrue Holiday filled the stat sheet with 16 points, eight rebounds, six assists and four steals for the Pelicans, who have dropped back-to-back tilts. Ryan Anderson netted 18 points in defeat.
"I don't know if we got away from it or if we were just a bit intimidated because we were missing so much," said Pelicans coach Monty Williams.
The game was tied 52-52 with 53 ticks to go until the half before Westbrook and Reggie Jackson both knocked down triples to give OKC a 58-52 lead heading into the break.
Westbrook capped a 10-2 Thunder run late in the third with a pull-up jumper to give the visitors an 80-65 cushion.
OKC led 80-68 after three and by as many as 20 in the fourth.
Earlier, the Pelicans jumped out to a 20-9 start before OKC countered with a 13-4 surge to knot the game at 24-24. New Orleans took a 26-24 edge into the second.
New Orleans guard Tyreke Evans left the contest in the third quarter with a left ankle injury and did not return ... OKC scored 24 points off 16 Pelicans turnovers ... Jackson had 15 points, four rebounds and four assists ... OKC shot 50.6 percent (39-of-77) from the field.
Dec 6 10:32 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 80
NEW ORLEANS: 68
End of 3rd
Dec 6 9:58 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 58
NEW ORLEANS: 52
Dec 6 9:13 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 24
NEW ORLEANS: 26
End of 1st
Dec 6 8:35 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 2
NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Dec 6 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19