Warriors overpower GrizzliesDec 8, 2013 - 8:11 AM
David Lee tallied 23 points and 11 rebounds and Andrew Bogut pulled down 12 boards for the Warriors, who hadn't beaten the Grizzlies since Nov. 3, 2010.
"They've had their way with us. It's been a long time coming," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said of the losing streak to Memphis.
Zach Randolph had 15 points and six rebounds and Kosta Koufos registered 10 points and 16 boards for Memphis, which has dropped five of its last seven games.
"We need to play with more energy and more joy," Grizzlies head coach Dave Joerger said.
The Warriors held a 61-53 lead midway through the second quarter, but Lee chipped in five points during a 13-5 sprint to put the visitors comfortably in front. Thompson capped the burst with a jumper for a 74-58 advantage.
Golden State took a 77-60 spread into the fourth where the Warriors coasted to the easy win.
Earlier, Thompson nailed five of his first six shots from the field and netted 11 points as Golden State raced out to a 24-10 start before taking a 29-19 lead after a quarter of play.
Lee's basket at the 8:07 mark of the second gave Golden State a 37-21 spread, but an 18-6 Memphis surge got the Grizzlies within 43-39 late in the second.
Golden State took a 49-43 margin into the break.
The Warriors shots 50 percent (44-of-88) from the floor and 44.4 percent (8- of-18) from beyond the arc ... Mike Miller led all Memphis scorers with 16 points.
Dec 7 10:15 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 77
End of 3rd
Dec 7 9:46 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 49
Dec 7 9:04 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 29
End of 1st
Dec 7 8:35 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Dec 7 8:16 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Zhou Qi's potential could lead to much NBA draft intrigue May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20