Dragic guides Suns past LakersDec 11, 2013 - 7:00 AM
Marcus Morris added 22 points, while Eric Bledsoe chipped in 18 points and nine assists for the Suns, who have won three of their last four games.
Kobe Bryant netted 20 points on 6-of-11 shooting for the Lakers, who are 0-2 since he returned from Achilles surgery. Bryant had nine points, eight rebounds, eight turnovers and four assists in his season debut Sunday.
"We have to get better defensively, right now we're struggling," Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni said.
The Lakers trailed by as many as 14 in the third quarter, but Bryant and Jordan Hill netted four points apiece during an 11-2 run to whittle to gap to 73-72 late in the third.
Los Angeles, though, never got any closer.
Bledsoe, who recorded a pair of buckets in the final 25 seconds of the frame, nailed a short jumper and drove coast-to-coast for a layup as the quarter expired to give the Suns a 79-74 advantage.
Marcus Morris nailed a triple to give the Suns a 95-86 spread midway through the final frame and the Lakers never cut the deficit below four the rest of the way.
"We just continued to play our game and not slow down," Morris said of holding off the Lakers down the stretch.
The Suns shot 51.8 percent (44-of-85) from the field, while Los Angeles shot 48.8 percent (39-of-80) from the floor ... Steve Blake had nine points and nine assists for Los Angeles.
Dec 11 12:57 AM
- PHOENIX: 79
LOS ANGELES: 74
End of 3rd
Dec 11 12:19 AM
- PHOENIX: 56
LOS ANGELES: 51
Dec 10 11:40 PM
- PHOENIX: 26
LOS ANGELES: 21
End of 1st
Dec 10 11:08 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Dec 10 10:42 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5