Thunder rout Lakers as Kobe strugglesDec 14, 2013 - 5:28 AM Oklahoma City, OK (SportsNetwork.com) - Kevin Durant scored a game-high 31 points to go with eight rebounds and five assists, as the Oklahoma City Thunder throttled the Los Angeles Lakers, 122-97, on Friday.
Serge Ibaka and Russell Westbrook each posted a double-double, with Ibaka netting 19 points and grabbing 10 boards, while Westbrook tallied 19 points, handed out 12 assists, and pulled down eight rebounds in the win.
"We were just moving the ball," Durant said of the team's offensive production. "Everybody wanted to touch it and we were just trying to find a good shot."
Reggie Jackson chipped in 19 points off the bench for the Thunder, who improved to 11-0 at home with their 13th win in their last 14 games.
The Lakers, meanwhile, dropped to 0-3 since the return of superstar Kobe Bryant, who finished with 13 assists, but turned the ball over seven times and managed just four points in a little over 23 minutes.
Nick Young nailed four 3-pointers en route to a team-high 17 points for Los Angeles, which has allowed 100 or more points in six straight games.
"They're a tough team," admitted Lakers forward Pau Gasol, who finished with 14 points. "They were very aggressive and we did a poor job on Westbrook."
Bryant's fast-break layup brought the Lakers within 25-20 with just under four minutes left in the first, but a four-point play from Durant highlighted an 11-2 OKC run that gave the home team a 14-point cushion.
Leading 38-28 after 12 minutes, Oklahoma City opened the second quarter with six straight points to push the spread to 16.
LA answered with the next 10 points to pull within six, but back-to-back buckets from Jackson sparked a 12-0 Thunder run that extended the OKC margin to 56-38 with 5:18 left in the half.
Oklahoma City carried a 66-51 advantage into halftime and scored the first six points of the third quarter, which ended with the Thunder holding a comfortable 94-74 lead.
Los Angeles never threatened in the fourth, allowing the Thunder to cruise to victory down the stretch.
OKC's 38 first-quarter points were the team's most in any quarter this season ... Including postseason meetings, the Thunder have won 10 of their last 12 games against LA ... OKC won the rebounding battle, 59-41 ... The Thunder scored 31 points off 19 Los Angeles turnovers.
Dec 13 10:35 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 72
OKLAHOMA CITY: 94
End of 3rd
Dec 13 10:00 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 51
OKLAHOMA CITY: 66
Dec 13 9:11 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 28
OKLAHOMA CITY: 38
End of 1st
Dec 13 8:37 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Dec 13 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20