Hayward fuels Jazz over NuggetsDec 14, 2013 - 7:42 AM Utah Jazz to a 103-93 win over the Denver Nuggets at Pepsi Center.
Derrick Favors added 19 points and six rebounds and Richard Jefferson finished with 14 points on 3-of-3 shooting from 3-point range for the Jazz, who have won two straight on the heels of a four-game skid.
"Through all of our struggles they just keep working. We'll get better because of that," Utah head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Jordan Hamilton and Wilson Chandler both had 17 points and Timofey Mozgov added 13 points and seven rebounds for the Nuggets, who fell to 6-3 at home this season. Denver was 38-3 at Pepsi Center last season.
Utah led 65-49 after a Favors slam 3:20 into the third, but the Nuggets used a 21-5 swing, capped with Hamilton's runner, to take a 70-69 lead.
The Nuggets led 75-73 entering the fourth, and the sides traded buckets until Burke ignited an 8-2 swing to put the Jazz in front for good.
Hamilton buried a trey to pull Denver within 91-89, but it would be as close as the hosts would get the rest of the way as Utah closed the game with a 12-4 run.
Utah led 33-28 after the first quarter and owned a 53-44 lead at the break.
"The first quarter was the beginning of the end for us. They were hitting everything," Denver coach Brian Shaw said.
Utah was 19-for-20 from the free throw line ... The Nuggets were a dismal 14- for-24 from the charity stripe ... The Jazz will take on the San Antonio Spurs at home on Saturday ... Denver will host the Pelicans on Sunday before closing out its four-game homestand with Oklahoma City and Phoenix next week.
Dec 13 11:27 PM
- UTAH: 73
End of 3rd
Dec 13 10:51 PM
- UTAH: 53
Dec 13 10:03 PM
- UTAH: 33
End of 1st
Dec 13 9:32 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Dec 13 9:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Nuggets-Trail Blazers Preview Apr 13
- Improved Kemba Walker has Hornets back in the playoffs Apr 12