Spurs rout JazzDec 15, 2013 - 5:44 AM
"He's getting his shot back. He missed a couple tonight, but at least he's taking them and he looks good. And in the post, he's aggressive. He's making strong moves defensively. Everything, his game, he's getting back into his groove," Spurs point guard Tony Parker said of Duncan.
Parker added 15 points, seven assists and five rebounds for the Spurs, who have won four straight games. Kawhi Leonard netted 13 points in the triumph.
Trey Burke tallied 20 points and five assists for Utah, which has dropped five of its last seven tilts. Gordon Hayward chipped in 18 points in defeat.
"They (Spurs) know what to do, when to do and how to do it. They showed us. They just continued to execute," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
After Alec Burks hit a running layup and Brandon Rush drained a triple on back-to-back possessions to pull Utah within 26-22 in the early stages of the second, the Spurs used an elongated 25-10 run to expand their advantage.
Matt Bonner nailed a pair of 3-pointers and Leonard netted six points, including a layup to cap the swing and increase the Spurs' margin to 51-32 late in the frame.
San Antonio took a 55-40 spread into the break and 80-66 cushion into the final frame, where the visitors cruised to the easy win.
The Spurs led 23-17 after a quarter of play.
San Antonio shot 46.6 percent (41-of-88) from the floor and knocked down 8 of its 20 attempts from beyond the arc ... The Spurs outrebounded the Jazz, 55-42.
Dec 14 11:08 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 80
End of 3rd
Dec 14 10:42 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 55
Dec 14 10:02 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 23
End of 1st
Dec 14 9:33 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Dec 14 9:12 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12