Westbrook leads Thunder over SpursDec 22, 2013 - 6:03 AM Oklahoma City Thunder beat the San Antonio Spurs 113-100 on Saturday.
Reggie Jackson added 21 points off the bench for Oklahoma City, which won its ninth straight overall and fifth consecutive road tilt.
Kevin Durant scored 17 points and Serge Ibaka recorded a 14-point, 14-rebound double-double. Both Durant and Ibaka hit crucial 3s down the stretch to help secure the victory.
"Our defense was good," said Thunder head coach Scott Brooks, "but I thought our offense was even better."
Tony Parker netted 23 points with eight assists in the setback, as the Spurs fell to 2-2 in their last four games. Tim Duncan and Marco Belinelli scored 17 points apiece, and Boris Diaw chipped in 14 off the bench.
San Antonio was without starting forward Kawhi Leonard, who underwent a dental procedure prior to the game. Leonard hadn't missed a game this season.
Neither team shot well in an uneventful first period, which ended with the two clubs knotted at 21 apiece.
Jackson and Derek Fisher each scored five points during a 12-5 Thunder run early in the second quarter as OKC began to separate itself. The visitors shot 16-of-23 in the period and built a 61-50 halftime cushion.
"Our demise was the second quarter," said Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich. "We gave up 40 points."
A pair of Ginobili free throws had San Antonio within five with 4:11 left in the third, but Westbrook's timely trey helped keep the reigning Western Conference champs at arm's length.
Durant's 3-pointer 5:03 before the final buzzer made it 101-91 and proved to be the dagger.
The Thunder improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season. The clubs will meet two more times during the regular season ... OKC won the rebounding margin 48-37 ... Ginobili scored 11 points with five assists.
Dec 21 10:49 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 85
SAN ANTONIO: 76
End of 3rd
Dec 21 10:19 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 61
SAN ANTONIO: 50
Dec 21 9:37 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 21
SAN ANTONIO: 21
End of 1st
Dec 21 9:03 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 3
1st Quarter - 11:49
Dec 21 8:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19