Bledsoe leads Suns over MavericksDec 22, 2013 - 6:06 AM
Gerald Green tallied 22 points off the bench on 4-of-8 from beyond the arc, while Channing Frye chipped 18 points on 4-of-6 shooting from deep.
P.J. Tucker and Goran Dragic added 16 and 13 points, respectively, for the Suns, who have won seven of their last eight games.
"The confidence is way up," Dragic said of his squad. "We were shooting the ball well."
Dirk Nowitzki scored 21 points in the losing effort and Brandan Wright and Monta Ellis both netted 19.
"We couldn't get any stops," Nowitzki said. "We tried some zone, tried some switching but we never got enough stops to really make it a game."
The game was tied at 4 in the early going when Tucker and Frye hit 3s on successive possessions as part of an 11-2 run. Frye would cap the run with another triple at 7:29 of the first.
Phoenix hit seven 3s in the first en route to a 38-25 advantage after 12 minutes.
Dallas chipped away at the deficit throughout the second and Shawn Marion's jumper with 3:57 left in the half pulled the Mavs within three, 49-46.
The deficit remained three when Dragic hit a layup with 1.9 seconds left to give Phoenix a 63-58 lead into the break.
Nowitzki hit a jumper to open the scoring in the second half, but the Suns ran off seven straight to increase the lead back to double-digits.
Dallas would cut the deficit to as little as four after an Ellis layup and Phoenix would answer with a 10-2 run.
Green buried a triple to cap the scoring in the third and the Suns led 91-82 heading to the fourth.
Phoenix maintained a comfortable lead for a majority of the fourth and put the game away late with an answer to every Mavericks' comeback attempt.
Phoenix shot 50 percent (15-for-30) from 3-point range compared to 17.6 percent (3-for-17) for Dallas ... The Mavs outscored the Suns 62-36 in the paint ... Vince Carter scored 14 points off the bench for Dallas ... Phoenix was 20-for-22 (90.9 percent) from the charity stripe.
Dec 21 11:22 PM
- DALLAS: 82
End of 3rd
Dec 21 10:49 PM
- DALLAS: 58
Dec 21 10:09 PM
- DALLAS: 25
End of 1st
Dec 21 9:38 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:35
Dec 21 9:11 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Apr 25