Warriors wallop LakersDec 22, 2013 - 7:26 AM Los Angeles Lakers 102-83 on Saturday night.
David Lee netted 19 points to go with 10 rebounds and Andrew Bogut pulled down 20 boards for the Warriors, who had dropped four of their last six games coming in.
Golden State scored 28 points off 24 LA turnovers.
"Definitely a much needed win. Especially after dropping the ball against a shorthanded Spurs team, we had to come out and assert ourselves early and take it from there," Curry said.
Nick Young had 20 points off the bench, while Chris Kaman registered 10 points and 17 boards for Los Angeles, which had its brief two-game winning streak snapped.
"They battled. We just didn't have enough," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We played with heart until we ran out of gas."
The Lakers' Pau Gasol missed the game due to an upper respiratory infection.
The Warriors had a 51-46 advantage in the third and seized control of the contest following an elongated 21-4 run. Marreese Speights had six points during the surge, including the last four to cap it and extend the margin to 72-50 late in the third.
Golden State took a 72-57 cushion into the fourth, where the hosts cruised to the easy win.
The Warriors led 27-26 after a quarter of play and 46-42 at the break.
Golden State shot 38.8 percent (38-of-98) from the floor ... Klay Thompson had 17 points for the Warriors ... Speights finished with 10 points.
Dec 22 1:03 AM
- LOS ANGELES: 54
GOLDEN STATE: 72
End of 3rd
Dec 22 12:26 AM
- LOS ANGELES: 42
GOLDEN STATE: 46
Dec 21 11:41 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 26
GOLDEN STATE: 27
End of 1st
Dec 21 11:07 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Dec 21 10:46 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20