Parker, Duncan lead Spurs over MavsDec 27, 2013 - 4:37 AM San Antonio Spurs to a 116-107 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday.
Danny Green finished with 22 points off the bench while Tiago Splitter and Boris Diaw finished with 12 and 10 points, respectively, for the Spurs, winners in four of their last six games.
Dirk Nowitzki led five Dallas scorers in double figures with 25 points and Monta Ellis finished with 23 points and six assists.
Vince Carter chipped in with 20 points on 11-of-11 shooting from the free throw line and DeJuan Blair turned in a double-double of 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Mavericks, losers in three of their last four tilts.
San Antonio led 100-85 after Parker knocked down a jumper with 5:43 left.
Ellis then blew by a defender for a reverse layup before Nowitzki stripped Duncan and knocked down transition a 3-pointer from the wing to ignite a 12-0 run that pulled Dallas within three.
Ellis had nine points on the surge.
The seasoned-Spurs never faltered and stretched their lead back to seven after a Green trey and a Manu Ginobili free throw.
Samuel Dalembert's layup made it 110-107 with 51 ticks showing, but San Antonio scored the final six points of the game to seal the win.
San Antonio led 27-20 after the first quarter and took a 58-51 lead into the break.
The Spurs' edge swelled to 11 after Splitter's three-point play at the 7:44 mark of the third, and the visitors carried an 84-77 lead into the final frame.
The Spurs were 35-for-42 from the free throw line ... The Mavericks scored 17 points off 18 San Antonio turnovers ... Jose Calderon had 13 points and seven rebounds for Dallas.
Dec 26 11:09 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 84
End of 3rd
Dec 26 10:28 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 58
Dec 26 9:42 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 27
End of 1st
Dec 26 9:07 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Dec 26 8:41 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12