Curry fills stat sheet as Warriors rout SunsDec 28, 2013 - 7:25 AM Oakland, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Stephen Curry posted his second triple- double of the season with 14 points, 13 rebounds and 16 assists to lead the Golden State Warriors to a 115-86 dismantling of the Phoenix Suns.
Klay Thompson added 21 points and David Lee finished with 17 points, seven boards and five assists for the Warriors, winners in four straight.
P.J. Tucker was the only Phoenix player in double figures with 11 points while also pulling down 12 rebounds.
Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe struggled mightily, posting just eight and seven points, respectively. The backcourt duo combined for just one rebound, three assists and two steals while finishing just 3-for-18 from the field.
Curry had 14 points, nine rebounds and nine assists at the break to lead the Warriors to a 59-40 halftime lead. The Warriors shot 54.3 percent (25-for-46) and also received 11 points from Thompson, who finished 5-for-6 from the field over the opening 24 minutes.
Curry picked up the triple-double just two minutes into the third quarter as Golden State's lead swelled to 22 points after Thompson canned a 3-pointer at the 6:03 mark.
"Everything was shooting, other guys got it going. I was just trying to feed the hot hand and that was pretty much the other four guys on the court. Credit it to them for finishing out the plays," Curry said.
The Warriors' lead ballooned to 29 several times in the fourth.
Curry became the first Warrior to record 13 points, 13 rebounds and 13 assists since Chris Mullin in 1995 ... Curry has three career triple-doubles and set career highs in rebounds (13) and assists (16) ... The Suns were outrebounded by a 56-41 margin ... Phoenix was 32-for-89 from the field and just 4-for-23 from 3-point range.
Dec 28 12:49 AM
- PHOENIX: 64
GOLDEN STATE: 85
End of 3rd
Dec 28 12:19 AM
- PHOENIX: 40
GOLDEN STATE: 59
Dec 27 11:38 PM
- PHOENIX: 22
GOLDEN STATE: 28
End of 1st
Dec 27 11:06 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:40
Dec 27 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19