Evans' jumper lifts Pelicans over BlazersDec 31, 2013 - 8:07 AM
After Damian Lillard tied the game at 108-108 with 10.9 seconds left when he rattled home a straightaway 3, Pelicans head coach Monty Williams elected not to call a timeout, and Evans found himself isolated on Mo Williams along the right wing.
Evans took three dribbles, two with his right hand and then between his legs before he rose up and swished the jumper to give New Orleans a two-point edge.
LaMarcus Aldridge's right corner jumper at the buzzer was well off the mark.
"L.A. got open. Still, that's a tough shot over (Anthony) Davis," Blazers head coach Terry Stotts said.
Jrue Holiday netted 15 of his 31 points in the fourth quarter. He added 13 assists and seven rebounds for New Orleans, which has won three of its last four tilts on the heels of a four-game losing streak.
"I was just being aggressive," Holiday said of his fourth quarter.
Davis had 27 points and 12 rebounds, while Evans added 20 points in the triumph.
Lillard finished with 29 points and Aldridge registered 28 points and eight boards for the Blazers, who have dropped two straight.
Earlier, the Pelicans led 26-21 after a quarter of play, 46-35 at the break. and took an 89-82 cushion into the fourth, where Portland scored the first seven points to tie it.
Wesley Matthews hit a 3 and jumper before Aldridge nailed a jumper to knot the tilt at 89-89 with 9:15 remaining.
The Pelicans held a 68-32 points in the paint advantage ... Matthews had 18 points ... New Orleans shot 53.9 percent (48-of-89) from the field, but were just 2-of-11 from beyond the arc.
Dec 30 10:24 PM
- PORTLAND: 82
NEW ORLEANS: 89
End of 3rd
Dec 30 9:49 PM
- PORTLAND: 49
NEW ORLEANS: 56
Dec 30 9:05 PM
- PORTLAND: 21
NEW ORLEANS: 26
End of 1st
Dec 30 8:33 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Dec 30 8:11 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 10