Nuggets crush LakersJan 6, 2014 - 5:55 AM Denver Nuggets defeated the Los Angeles Lakers 137-115 on Sunday night.
Nate Robinson netted 21 points off the bench, Timofey Mozgov tallied 20 points and seven rebounds and Kenneth Faried added 17 points and 13 boards for the Nuggets, who have won back-to-back games on the heels of an eight-game losing streak.
"It's only a two-game win streak but it's night and day from what it was," Nuggets head coach Brian Shaw said.
Pau Gasol had 25 points, 10 rebounds and five assists for Los Angeles, which has dropped seven of its last eight tilts. Jodie Meeks scored 23 points and Kendall Marshall dished out 17 assists in defeat.
The Nuggets led 83-79 late in the third quarter and a 21-6 run that bridged into the final frame put the game away. Mozgov netted six points during the surge, which was capped on his alley-oop slam for a 104-85 spread with 9:35 remaining.
"They capitalized on our mistakes," Gasol said of Denver's elongated run.
Denver's margin peaked at 25 before cruising to the easy victory.
Earlier, the Lakers led 29-26 after a quarter of play and 61-60 at the break.
Denver shot 53.5 percent (53-of-99) from the floor ... The Lakers were 3-of-21 from beyond the arc (14.3 percent) ... Nick Young scored 21 points off the bench for Los Angels.
Jan 5 11:57 PM
- DENVER: 93
LOS ANGELES: 83
End of 3rd
Jan 5 11:26 PM
- DENVER: 60
LOS ANGELES: 61
Jan 5 10:39 PM
- DENVER: 26
LOS ANGELES: 29
End of 1st
Jan 5 10:04 PM
- DENVER: 0
LOS ANGELES: 2
1st Quarter - 11:43
Jan 5 9:41 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5