Martin helps Timberwolves edge WarriorsJan 25, 2014 - 6:59 AM Minnesota Timberwolves to a 121-120 win over the Golden State Warriors on Friday night.
Harrison Barnes' right wing jumper at the buzzer was off the mark for Golden State.
"We got a great look, I'm not concerned about that," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said.
Kevin Love tallied 26 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists, while Martin finished with 26 points for Minnesota, which has won three straight on the heels of a three-game skid.
"Just a great win for our team, we've lost so many close games this year," Wolves head coach Rick Adelman said. "Kevin Martin made a big shot."
Stephen Curry had 33 points and 15 assists, while David Lee added 23 points and seven boards for the Warriors, who have dropped four of their last five tilts.
Golden State ended the third quarter on a 10-0 spurt as Marreese Speights' jam with two seconds left in the frame gave Golden State a 98-91 cushion.
Minnesota, though, began the fourth on an 11-4 run and Nikola Pekovic's short fadeaway jumper knotted the contest at 102-102 a little before the midway point of the stanza.
A Corey Brewer 3-pointer concluded an 8-2 Wolves sprint to give them a 116-111 advantage with 2:55 to play.
A bit later, Andre Iguodala nailed a triple while being fouled with 1:16 to go, but missed the potentially game-tying free throw to keep Minnesota in front, 119-118.
Iguodala was fouled with 27.9 ticks on the clock and sunk two free throws to give the hosts a 120-119 edge.
Earlier, both teams netted 36 and 27 points, respectively, in the first and second quarters and the game was tied at 73-73 heading into the break.
The Wolves shot 50 percent (47-of-94) from the field, while Golden State made 55.1 percent (49-of-89) of its field goal attempts ... Klay Thompson had 18 points for the Warriors.
Jan 25 12:48 AM
- MINNESOTA: 121
GOLDEN STATE: 120
End of Regulation
Jan 25 12:48 AM
- MINNESOTA: 91
GOLDEN STATE: 98
End of 3rd
Jan 25 12:14 AM
- MINNESOTA: 63
GOLDEN STATE: 63
Jan 24 11:32 PM
- MINNESOTA: 36
GOLDEN STATE: 36
End of 1st
Jan 24 11:03 PM
- MINNESOTA: 2
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Jan 24 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20