Parker leads Spurs past PelicansFeb 4, 2014 - 6:09 AM
Tony Parker had 32 points and nine assists for the Spurs, who trailed by as many as 14 points in the fourth quarter. Tim Duncan added 21 points, seven rebounds and six blocks.
Monday's game was the start of a nine-game road trip for San Antonio, which has won two in a row.
Anthony Davis ended with 17 points, 16 boards and four blocks for the Pelicans, who have lost two of three. He added to his own franchise record with four or more blocks in seven straight games, totaling 37 during that run.
Anthony Morrow and Eric Gordon tallied 20 and 19 points, respectively, for New Orleans, which has lost four straight against San Antonio.
Trailing 80-66 with 11:15 to play, the Spurs went on a 21-4 run to take the lead. Patty Mills and Danny Green each tallied five points during the surge that Parker capped with a layup for an 87-84 edge with 4:42 left.
"Tony pretty much carved them up," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said.
Gordon responded with a 3-pointer to tie the game, but San Antonio countered with a 10-2 spurt. Duncan tallied six points during the burst, including a layup with 1:14 remaining for a 97-89 margin.
The Spurs went 5-of-6 from the foul line down the stretch to secure the victory.
"Our team defense really struggled," Pelicans head coach Monty Williams said.
New Orleans, which led 27-25 after one quarter, used an 11-0 run early in the second period to build a 42-29 lead. The home team led 54-42 at the half.
San Antonio got within three, 65-62, late in the third stanza, but the Pelicans ended the frame on an 11-2 run. It was a 76-64 game heading to the fourth.
Marco Belinelli had 13 points for the Spurs, who went 21-of-25 from the foul line ... Austin Rivers tallied 10 points for the Pelicans, who went 17-of-20 from the charity stripe ... New Orleans turned the ball over 16 times.
Feb 3 10:27 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 102
NEW ORLEANS: 95
End of Regulation
Feb 3 10:27 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 64
NEW ORLEANS: 76
End of 3rd
Feb 3 9:46 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 42
NEW ORLEANS: 54
Feb 3 9:05 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 25
NEW ORLEANS: 27
End of 1st
Feb 3 8:37 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Feb 3 8:11 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 11