Mavericks rout JazzFeb 8, 2014 - 6:04 AM Dallas Mavericks to a 103-81 thrashing of the Utah Jazz on Friday night.
Dirk Nowitzki contributed 20 points, while Samuel Dalembert and Jose Calderon each scored 12 points in Dallas' seventh straight win over the Jazz at American Airlines Center.
Dallas has now won four straight overall and five of its last six contests.
"I'm not happy about anything. At this point, we're shoring it up, we're doing better with it, but we can't start feeling too good," Mavs coach Rick Carlisle admitted. "I feel like we've improved, that we're on a good path and that we've just got to stick with it."
Marvin Williams scored all 21 of his points in the first half to lead Utah and Trey Burke finished with 13 points and five assists. Richard Jefferson was the only other member of the Jazz in double figures with 10 points in the setback, Utah's fourth straight defeat.
Burke and Williams canned back-to-back 3s midway through the first to give the Jazz a 21-14 lead.
The Mavs proceeded to end the quarter on a 14-2 run with Calderon and Vince Carter opening and closing the spurt with triples to help Dallas to a 28-23 edge after 12 minutes.
John Lucas III scored five straight for Utah early in the second quarter to cut the deficit to one, 35-34. Ellis then scored seven points during a 17-3 surge and the Mavs gained a comfortable 15-point advantage with under two minutes to play until the half.
The Jazz closed to within 54-43 at the break and trailed by as little as seven in the third before the Mavs pushed the margin back to a 15 points entering the fourth.
Dallas opened the final frame on an elongated 11-5 run for a 93-72 advantage and led by as many as 24 before the Jazz cut it to the final margin.
"I thought they were the aggressive team," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin stated. "They had the most energy. Give them credit, they executed better than we did."
Dallas was 38-for-81 from the field and held Utah to 31-for-76 shooting ... The Mavs shot 10-of-18 from deep ... Dallas outrebounded Utah 48-37 ... Carter had nine points in the win ... The Mavs had a 38-18 advantage in the paint.
Feb 7 10:46 PM
- UTAH: 67
End of 3rd
Feb 7 10:18 PM
- UTAH: 43
Feb 7 9:34 PM
- UTAH: 23
End of 1st
Feb 7 9:03 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Feb 7 8:42 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25